I am big believer in alternative health modes and I recognize that what we eat every day plays a big part in our health. I don’t always find the time to eat healthy, but I try to keep to well maintained diet low in sugar and fat.
The internet is a great place to pick up diet and health tips, because people are always sharing this useful information. Of course, you do need to be wary of your sources on the internet, because there is plenty of false information on the internet that is passed around via email and social media.
The medical group that my doctor belongs to posted an informative piece on warm lemon juice that I thought I should share with readers. Needless to say, as I look down this list posted below I can see more than a few reasons to start adding warm lemon water to my diet daily.
Drinking warm lemon water is one of the easiest and most affordable ways to keep yourself healthy!
Here are 16 reasons to add warm lemon water to your diet:
- Lemon is an excellent and rich source of vitamin C, an essential nutrient that protects the body against immune system deficiencies
- Lemons contain pectin fiber which is very beneficial for colon health and also serves as a powerful antibacterial
- It balances maintain the pH levels in the body
- Having warm lemon juice early in the morning helps flush out toxins
- It aids digestion and encourages the production of bile
- It is also a great source citric acid, potassium, calcium, phosphorus and magnesium
- It helps prevent the growth and multiplication of pathogenic bacteria that cause infections and diseases
- It helps reducing pain and inflammation in joints and knees as it dissolves uric acid
- It helps cure the common cold
- The potassium content in lemon helps nourish brain and nerve cells
- It strengthens the liver by providing energy to the liver enzymes when they are too dilute
- It helps balance the calcium and oxygen levels in the liver In case of a heart burn, taking a glass of concentrated lemon juice can give relief
- It is of immense benefit to the skin and it prevents the formation of wrinkles and acne
- It helps maintain the health of the eyes and helps fight against eye problems
- Aids in the production of digestive juices
- Lemon juice helps replenish body salts especially after a strenuous workout session
I tend to cook with lemon very frequently, because I love the flavor of lemons, and I have long been aware of the fact they have a lot of health benefits.This winter I have been enjoying adding lemon rind to my homemade soups for an extra boost of lemon flavor. When braising my onions, garlic and meat, I use my peeler to cut strips of rind to add to my braise. Later I add the lemon juice to the soup. It gives a very unique, pungent and savory flavor to the soups.
The list above really is a eye-opener on the reasoning of drinking warm lemon juice. As I said above, I am planning to add warm lemon water to my diet. I like that a “glass of lemon juice contains less than 25 calories” and “is a rich source of nutrients like calcium, potassium, vitamin C and pectin fiber.”